Preventing Cavities and Gum Disease
Preventive medicine is always the best medicine! Our South Austin dental team recommends that you have routine cleanings and exams, so that not only will your smile be whiter and brighter, but should anything occur with your teeth, we will see it at an early stage and be able to do conservative dental work. Routine cleanings help you to maintain optimal oral heath and a white, bright smile, but are also a very important part of your overall health.
Dental cleanings are designed not only to polish your teeth, but also to remove debris that you may have missed while brushing and flossing. During your exam, Dr. Pham will check for signs of dental problems. Regular cleanings ensure that dental problems are diagnosed at an early stage so that we are able to do the most conservative dental work possible. Scheduling regular professional dental cleanings for you and your family will save you time and money in the long run.
Contact us today or call us at 512-301-2483 to schedule your dental cleaning! It feels good to have clean teeth!
What is included with dental cleanings at Circle C Dental?
Routine dental cleaning appointments are scheduled for one hour and include the following:
- Review of medical history, insurance, and medications
- Comprehensive digital x-rays
- Oral cancer screening exam
- Periodontal (gum) exam and cavity check
- TMJ disease exam
- Measuring the color of your teeth and performing a cosmetic exam
- A very thorough and meticulous cleaning of the teeth and the areas below the gums with the gentle use of hand instruments and ultrasonic scalers. An anti-septic medication is sometimes gently irrigated below the gum line to remove any of the free-floating harmful bacteria.
- Stain removal and polish.
- Oral hygiene instructions if needed
- Discussion regarding your specific dental health
- Free tooth brush